Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/ls_server/femimonehin.com/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_261/admin/functions.php on line 229

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ls_server/femimonehin.com/wp-content/themes/StandardTheme_261/admin/functions.php:229) in /home/ls_server/femimonehin.com/wp-content/plugins/wp-greet-box/includes/wp-greet-box.class.php on line 496
Dare To Dream Again | Olufemi Monehin

Dare To Dream Again

DreamingWe’ve all had dreams. Dreams of a great future. Dreams to improve our lives. Dreams to ace those exams. Dreams to make a huge impact. Dreams to be like our heroes. Dreams to do the impossible. Dreams to change the world…then life happens.

Things happen to us that jolts us into “reality“. Our dream of loving people deeply is short lived after the reality of a deep hurt. We tell ourselves: “face the reality, you can’t trust people”. Our dreams to surpass our heroes are dashed when we are let down by the same heroes and we ourselves fall short consistently. We tell ourselves: “face the reality, you’re just ordinary”. Our dreams to change the world comes to an abrupt end when we are exposed to its vast complexities. We console ourselves: “face the reality, the world is too rotten” or “…I give up, this nation is a failed state”. Oh, that nagging thought that seeks to persuade us into embracing normalcy: “face the reality, …”

Do not settle for the normalcy of “reality“. You are to change the current reality. You may have been scarred, but don’t allow the thing that marred your past mess up your future. Your future is tied to your dreams. So, dare to dream again. Silence that nagging thought and Dare to Dream Again.

Dare to Dream Again! You can love deeply. You can improve your life. You can make a huge impact. You can ace those exams. You can surpass your heroes. You can change your world. You can do the impossible. Dare to Dream Again!

Can you relate? Share your thoughts…

8 Responses to “Dare To Dream Again”

1. Mendy January 10, 2013 at 3:33 am #

Great stuff. Sure lives will be transformed & destinies re-discovered by this. God bless you Pastor Femi.

• femi January 10, 2013 at 1:04 pm #

Thanks Mendy!

2. Morenike January 10, 2013 at 5:56 am #

Thank you! This is just what I needed to jolt me out of normalcy. I refuse to face reality

• femi January 10, 2013 at 1:06 pm #

Amen Morenike. We refuse normalcy.

Way to go!

3. Keno January 10, 2013 at 12:43 pm #

Got to a point in my life when it looked like dreaming was only an illusion. Hopes were dashed, my marriage was at the verge of collapse, my kids were far away from me & i felt like a stranger in my own house. The once soft and gentle Keno became a loud, angry and unconcerned fellow. All those have changed today because i dared to dream again. I woke up from the deep pit were i laid, broke through the chains that once held me bound, discovered that i had reached my breaking point, sourced for help and now i can dream again! Just when i needed help, God brought me to you. Thank you!

• femi January 10, 2013 at 1:13 pm #

Waow! Thanks for sharing Keno.

Amazing things happen when we dare to dream again. Awesome.

4. Adetutu January 10, 2013 at 4:41 pm #

Amen pastor! You know, as a child I had dreams that by 30 I will be these person that will change Nigeria. And my friends will laugh and call me names. I fell for the pressure for a brief period and started to live the ‘real life.’ But I woke up from the real life that became abnormalcy to me and my dreams became my real life. Thank u for the push. See u @ the top sir. Amazing!

• femi January 10, 2013 at 5:22 pm #

Thanks Tutu. I believe in that dream!